View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Claudia,

Frank sounds like my kinda guy; except I don't limit myself to emotionally torturing kids.

My kids still tell the story of the day we wandered through a sale barn and I found the plastic imitation Wedgewood Jasperware bowl. Had it been real, I would have hidden the bowl beneath a pile of junk; my wife thinks collecting Jasperware is more important than feeding kids, and while I see nothing wrong in emotionally abusing them, I think its only fair to feed them.

But it wasn't real. My wife, however, didn't know that when I called out to her, raised the bowl so she could see it, then dropped it. I would not have believed that a human being could change facial expressions so many times during the short period it takes for a bowl to reach a floor.

But then, I would never have believed my wife would ever talk like that in public either. Perhaps "talk" is too mild a word. You get the idea.

I'm sure my kids stayed up nights discussing different ways to kill me. That I'm still alive because they lived with the hope that they could think of an even more painful way for me to die if they worked on it just a little harder. Today they love to tell stories about dad and what a funny guy he can be.

And, of course, try to create even newer and more innovative ways to make their children's lives miserable.

Honestly, I believe that if your children know you love them, they won't murder you...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote