View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykisses View Post
Hi gail... i too have rsd in my right hand and am a new member here. just was reading this post and going yes yes yes to all the info that applies to me such as the nausea. It is more at night and i never ever had nausea like it even when i was pregnant lol. i beleive it is a response to the pain levels It is very reassuring to see that so many others with rsd have this symptom also. it has been so frustrating not having the use of my right hand. definitely not reliable anyhow lol. If i try to hold fork or knife , i mostly wind up dropping them quickly.lose my grip easily. i can not come anywhere's close to being able to make a fist lol. i think the darn stiffness even limits me moreso than the pain ! do you find it really limits yur life too ??? I am trying to overcome it or at least do the best i can so i might get remission. sure is nice to send a message to someone going through the same issues who can understand me lol. maybe we can chat sometime??
Hi butterflykisses, Welcome to NeuroTalk. So many wonderful compassionate friends here,willing to share what they know and what helps them. Of course, we are all different, but many things are the same too. I have found getting overheated causes nausea for me. I live in the Arizona, so 110-115 degree temps don't help at all. I don't often get sick, but feel nausea comes more often. I feel soft foods settle on my stomach better. Like jello, pudding, cottage cheese, toast, fresh fruit. soup. I am not mostly a vegetarian. meats just too heavy on my stomach. I do try to have a high fiber diet to keep things moving. yogurt helps.
When my mother was dying of cancer, she was sick every morning. Dr. gave her valium to calm her stomach and it helped a little. I take lorazepam, an anti anxiety med and i feel it helps.
Having fluxuation of blood pressure is part of RSD. It is an autonomic disorder. meaning we have no control over regularatory organs. We have high and low blood pressure. If it gets too low, we pass out. So it's important to watch our pressure. I passed out once for an hour and half and was hospitalized semi icu for several days.
Welcome again, one of your new friends, loretta with big hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote