View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertim View Post
I'm having doubts about having a bone scan done in a few weeks, and wanted to get some other opinions about whether it's worthwhile or not. Outside of the obvious pros (getting it out of the way, gaining insight into what's going on inside me) and the cons (having radioactive matter injected into my body, the inconvenience of it taking six hours with two hour gaps in which I have nothing to do and no where to relax), I would really appreciate your input.

I've read several articles and posts questioning the true value of this test in diagnosing RSD, and honestly I don't want to do it.

You responses are appreciated.

Tim
HAVE THE BONE SCAN. I ended up at walk in care (pseudo ER) and the lady who saw me ( I refuse to call her an MD) waited two hours to see me, ironically when they were closing and came in with her purse on her shoulder and arms crossed and stated I did not have RSD and was simply seeking drugs. I am a retired Senior Master Sergeant from the USAF and respected member of the community who'd been living with the disease for two years already through diagnosis and treatment of several doctors. She claimed the MRI (of which I NEVER had one on my foot) did not show any indications of RSD. As all of you likely know, an MRI is worthless in diagnosing RSD. Your only option for a diagnosis is the bone scan and even then it's the absence of bone or bone loss that the use to confirm the diagnosis. So it is 50/50. But let me ask you this...... what do you have to lose besides a day of your life vs what you can gain, potentially confirmation that you can use in the event that you run into the same b**** I did. Or one like her. Tim, this disease is mind and body consuming. Do everything you can to set yourself up for the future. Get the scan, get all scripts through the same doctor and let everyone know that's what you want. It builds trust between you and you PCP and that's important when dealing with disease. Start doing your homework. I just went through a ketamine coma, yes COMA, trials are available in the states, I know I have been there. I am enjoying a 90-95% remission. I joined this board for one reason. I honestly believe God told me to spread the word on this and I'm trying to do so. When I came out I thought I was dead before I heard my wifes voice, God Bless her. You're in our prayers and be proactive not reactive. You cannot afford to be reactive with this one.

God Bless, Peace and remember our brothers and sisters overseas in harms way. Keep the safe and let them return to their families safely.

General
USAF E8 Retired
General is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote