View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
My doctor had me go off of it the exact same way I went on it... I went from 75 mg 3 times a day down to 50 mgs 3 times a day for 5 days... and then 50 mgs 2 times a day for 2 days and then stopped. The problem with Lyrica is that as far as I know, it's all capsules, not tablets that can be broken.. I was only on it about 3 weeks this last time, so I was still using samples from my doctor (because my insurance has a fit when we try to get them to pay for Lyrica... so my doctor gave samples to see if it would work first) so I had access to both the 75 mg capsules and the 50 mg capsules. I'm not sure how that would work in your situation--are your pills 175 mg capsules? Or do you take 2 or 3 of a certain strength to get to 175? Without a doctor giving you the correct pills to wean off of it, it will impossible if all you have is a 175 mg capsule... unless someone out there knows something I don't--such as breaking them open, but as far as I know, that can't be done.
Thank you Sarah Mae. I do have access to 25mg capsules as I have been taking one 150mg plus one 25mg to get to the 175mg dosage. And...I have been known to open a capsule to pour some out and get it back together!!! I believe that now, thanks to you, I can formulate a plan to decrease my dosage in a safe manner.
Chica43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote