View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You know, I appreciate the people here. I know everyone can relate to my pain, my frustration, and my occasional feelings of defeat. Sometimes we just have those days that just knock us off our feet and make us want to call our mommies. If we don't have a mommy to call, we come here for a hug from our friends.
I am very very grateful that I am not disabled to the level that I can not work, I am also very grateful that I can still walk without assistance, even though my distance has been diminished.
Thank you all for understanding and being there for me when I had a bad day. I really do appreciate it!
I am on pain meds, and have been since September of 06. Just a few days ago they were doubled. I take Topamax. Some people here don't agree with Topamax, but it works for me. I've tried other meds, like Neurontin, and they don't work for me, so we are all different people and we all have different systems. That's why some of us have PN and some don't!
I come here every day, at least four or five times a day to see how everyone is and keep up with the news.

You are all like family to me and I really appreciate all the support and love you all share with each other and new people.

So my neuropathy is now in my feet, pretty painful without meds, to the point I can't walk. If I take meds, I can walk and function. In my hands lightly, just tingly for now. The pain in my feet in totally unbearable without meds. The shooting pains, stabbing, burning, cramping, aching in my calves, my toes cramp and twist up like nothing I've ever seen and they get so incredibly cold I can't stand it but I can't stand to have anything touch them to warm them up. If I don't have meds to help control the pain in my feet I would be at the hospital in the emergency room begging for help. My hands are just mildly tingly, like they are "starting" to fall asleep.
I was disappointed that the neck MRI didn't show anything because I was hoping they would find a "cause" for my PN. Something they could diagnose and treat. Something they could "fix" and make it go away!
No one wants to find something "wrong" with them, but if finding something wrong means finding something they can fix, then of course I want them to find it, so they can make this frustrating PN go away!
I am a fighter and not a quitter, But I don't know how to fight something I can't see and I have no information about. If you don't know your enemy, it's hard to defeat him.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for being there for me.

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote