View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, we had our first actual rain in weeks.I received a call from dad that it rained for two hours gently & then came a "belly washer" for an hour that made a brown river run down in front our our house. I am at work and have not seen the damage yet. I hope that the new beans (425 seeds that were just showing their little leaves above the surface )were not washed down into the yard. I did just purchase 25 lb of organic favas...and am able to replace them if need be, but the fall crop will be a couple of weeks behind schedule..which means we will have only tincture material, but no beans to harvest if it turns cold in December(below 26 degrees ) like it did last year. I won't get home to see the garden until Friday night....it will be a long wait for me to view the land. The Lord knows best what we need and it will all turn out according to His perfect plan's. I must just rest in the fact that He knows best.
I have a hopeful heart that a research person (with her own lab)will take on the favas to study......pray hard that she will find it a worthwhile project that will help alot of people...worthy of her time and efforts. Blessings to all . Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote