View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default There is a time for meds.

In my opinion, you have arrived at that time. I've been taking generic sinemet and amantadine for the entire time after I was dx'd in 2001, and I have never been sorry. I struggled with depression for more than 15 years prior to PD Dx (still take antidepressants), but after beginning carbidopa/levodopa (sinemet), I experienced the greatest antidepressant effect ever. Of course I can't guarantee you will respond in that way, but, hey, low dopamine can't be helping your mood.
I also take a variety of other things, among them, dextromethorphan (approx. 4 mg at bedtime in cough syrup with no other active ingredients), CoQ10, multivitamins and minerals, and a supplement elixir containing resveratrol and other plant polyphenols.
At this point I take a total of 700mg carbi/levo, 600 of which is CR, each day, and I maintain an essentially normal level of activity for a 72-year old.
As we all know, we are all different, and I can't presume that what has worked for me will be good for you. Just wanted to chime in with my experience.
Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (10-27-2012), imark3000 (08-13-2010), trixiedee (08-12-2010)