View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can you actually skip sinemet? When it wears off are you worse than you were before you started it?

hello trixiedee,

your story rings famaliar

-an "early" onsetter tremors started for me at age 36. I'm 53 now and started small dose of sinemet only 18 months ago....in short it gave me my life back. when i tried mucuna it didn't feel good though to be fair i didn't stay with it long....it took 3 months to really feel the benefit from sinemet and a year and a half down the road am still experiencing new improvements on a relatively small dose.

I understand how raising kids while experiencing this condition weighs on the heart and evokes caution with going down a one way street so to speak, and, like you i engage a myriad of various healing practices which all contribute to my path towards wholeness.

since adding fava juice and fresh beans i've reduced the sinemet from 3 doses/day to two (10/100) and feel better - also i take an aryuvedic herb combo that i suuspect potentiates the sinemet because taking a minute dose together wwith a high dose of medicine can maximize its uptake (i have a background in homeopathy). my suggestion is to be patient and start low and slow on sinemet.

if you have a broken leg you may need a cast. there comes a point when relief becomes more important than anything -

i use sinemet as a sort of biofeedback assistance hoping to groove more deeply new neural pathways. i too share a deep respect for drug effects and i will say sinemet is more benign than i had feared as regards to altering ones cognitive functions which was a huge concern..actually it helps ground me in meditation.

kind regards,
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (10-27-2012), imark3000 (08-13-2010), trixiedee (08-12-2010)