View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
because of getting a different dx first I went a long time unmedicated, reading your post you sounds just how i felt prior to going onto sinemet.

you will need to take you MDS's advice on this, but there are other things, bits of patient understanding that may be useful.......

you have gone a long time without meds, and your brain sounds like it is dopa starved!

trying to resist the temptation to go to a higher dose because of the relief of going on meds can be hard, you feel much better and with most medication you take more to have more effect, PD meds are not the same, you walk a tightrope and even the neuros are not sure of the difference between over and undermedication....my take is it is better to be slightly under rather than over.......

I did all the good things too, organic food, growing my own, supplements, herbs, chi king, acupuncture, and nothing really touched it in any lasting way...... but maybe it helped with the rest

whatever meds you decide on go gently with them all, our brains are sensitive......

exercise is proving for many to be very useful, combined with a medication route that does not act as a chemical cosh, but keeps you on a good middle path it may give you some of the energy you wish for, as well as some better time ahead......

i look back to before taking sinemet, and would not be in that place again..... so I guess it is still doing a fair job, even though it's not perfect.

Best wishes and remember there will always be someone here to share things if you need to.....
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (08-13-2010), moondaughter (08-13-2010)