View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedee View Post
I'm at the end off my tether with this dis-ease, this week I was due to take my kids away for a camping trip - our first holiday since I split from their dad 4 yeaars ago, but had to cancel because I'm too weak to walk any distance. I can just about drag myself around my house but that's my limit. I'm sick of life passing me by, I can barely hold myself up to type this. I am taking bucketloads of supplements, eating a very healthy diet, doing yoga, having acupuncture, craniosacral therapy, massage, counselling etc but am still sliding down. I am so tired all the time that I have no energy for exercise except very gentle yoga (but get high as a kite when i'm yogaing).

So I'm thinking seriously about starting meds - I can find very few positive stories about DAs so Sinemet seems to be the best bet. Am I right in thinking that it is possible to keep it on a low dose and keep that dreaded dyskinesia at bay for longer? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Aaaarghhhh!!!

Trixiedee
Sounds like you are ready for sinemet.Learning to manage it is the trick,and looks like you can get advice in that area from this site.I've been on sinemet for 14 years,and still fairly active.I miss one dose,and my condition becomes as you described facing.Wish you the best.Ed
scotch1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (08-13-2010)