View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I have a question about brushing

Since I bought the Oral B Smart Series electronic toothbrush, (with it's LCD giving me smiley faces, if I brush the correct way), well, here's my question.

Do I have to brush for 4 minutes EVERY TIME I BRUSH?

When one uses this toothbrush, one has to cover all the quadrants, and it signals you and I understand this, and after 4 minutes or so (haven't exactly timed it) BUT IT'S A LONG TIME till I get the 4 beeps that tells me ALL DONE, and I check and there's my smiley face!!!!

Now I do this when I get up, and obviously before I go to bed. But then there's AFTER breakfast (when I get home from the local breakfast nook), so there I am again, with my Oral B, and my smiley face.

And then there's lunch, and there's Melody with my Oral B and my smiley face.

And then we have dinner, blah blah

Now I've been doing this.

BUT THAT'S A LOT OF TIME. Might not seem like it, but there I am in the bathroom, brushing, flossing, tongue brushing, and rinsing.

Is this the correct thing to do?

Or is one allowed to "Lighten up" during the day and give just a quick brush, floss and rinse??

I'm lucky I'm able to do this, but I wonder "What do people do who DON'T have the 4 minutes after each meal, or they are not home, or they are outside?

It's a good question, no?? And is this what people do when they want to save their teeth?

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote