View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I Think I Finaly Found The Right Place To Introduce Myself

Hi, I'm Dave a 53 year old man, who people say, looks like I'm 43, but I feel like I'm 73. Pain and fatigue have been plaguing me for years.

I live in Denver, CO. I'm originally from Wisconsin. I spent 6 years in Germany. Music is my passion and I go to many shows. I enjoy a very large variety of music. I love to discover new music. I like to try new food and see new places. I'm going to China for 3 weeks in October which is a lifelong dream of mine.

I've posted most of this bio on other threads but this looks like the right place to introduce myself. I'm new so I don't have any idea how often people post or respond to posts. That's why I kind of duplicated much of the same stuff on different posts. I'm kind of eager to talk with someone about this medical stuff.

I started having problems about 12 years ago and the last 5 have been awful. The worst is not knowing what the hell is wrong with me or what causes it. I've had problems with depression, anxiety, chronic pain, stiffness and severe fatigue. After all these years I'm fairly sure it's Fibromyalgia. I've suspected Lupus, osteoarthritis, just depression or maybe I'm going crazy, amongst other things in the past. [ I am so tired that lately I've been sleeping 15 to 22 hours a day.] I was in the Army and eventually was kicked out in 2004 after 13 years because of my medical problems. I do receive benefits.

Anyway, I have been taking Gabapentin for about 2 years. I just got a prescription for Lyrica today. I'm supposed to stop my 1200mg 3xday and start my Lyrica (don't have my dosage available now) tomorrow. I hope it helps. I never noticed much improvement with the Gabapentin, only some mild but bad side effects.

I also take Tramadol 50mg 3xday, Celebrex 200mg 1xday, Hydrocodone 10mg 3xday, and Cymbalta 60mg 2xday.

I would like to talk to other people who have had similar problems and to people with advise. I understand that Fibromyalgia is more common among women than men. That's good for me because I like to talk to women more than men anyway.

I have also been reading about Low Dose Naltrexon (LDN) and it's benefits for my symptoms. Has anyone tried it or know anything about it?

I will be happy to talk to anyone here. HI again.
davelikesfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote