View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool I Think I Have to Give Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) a Try

I have looked at several articles that seem very positive about the LDN therepy. The dose is so low and side affects are so little that I think anyone who is suffering from chronic pain and fatigue should give it a try. I'm going to try it as soon as I can get a perscription for Naltrexone for my "drinking problem" and then split the 50mg tab into 4.5mg doses. Then take one of them once a night. It's important not to take more than 4.5mg. If it helps great. If not well no harm done. I have so much pain and fatigue I almost can't stand it. Some thing has to be done. After 12 years I'm getting so tired of feeling like dog doodoo. I hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle99 View Post
I've also read several literature review articles by Dr. Clauw. He is very much a well-respected, insightful, and forward-thinking researcher and practitioner in the fibromyalgia field. The previous excellent post describing his work is a top-notch summary, and a service to all fibromyalgia patients. I hope more information like this can be shared. The only new possible fibromyalgia therapy not mentioned in the above review--and this is still murky--might be low-dose naltrexone (LDN) which is being studied at Stanford. Only one paper has been published so far, and it is a bit more like a collection of case studies. A follow-up paper is noted to be due out soon from Dr. Jarred Younger there. LDN therapy is thought so far to help the symptoms for only a sub-group of fibromyalgia patients, and then, only moderately.
davelikesfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote