View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karousel View Post
I'd check with your dentist if that's brushing too much. I remember the dental hygeniest say something to my DD to brush just twice a day. Something about tooth paste and brushing too much is not good. Then again I may just have that completely wrong! Can you call your dentist and ask?
Hi there!!!

GOT THE ANSWER!!

Just phoned my dentist. I was told to brush 3 times a day. I then said "Well, I brush when I get up, I brush after each meal, and I brush before bedtime, is this not correct?" (That would make it 5 times a day)

The assistant laughed (she had just asked my dentist who was working on a patient).

She then said "Brush when you get up, brush after lunch, and then brush before you go to bed at night".

So....this is straight out of the mouth of my dentist, who is my hero, so this is what I will do.

Because I am concerned about the after breakfast thing and the after dinner thing, I'll continue to floss, water pik and rinse.

That should get rid of any food particles that were in my mouth between my teeth.

That water pik is AMAZING. You should see what flies out of my mouth after I floss. The flossing gets rid of things and the Water pik flushes them out of my mouth.

So, while I should have straightened this out a few weeks ago, before I left the office, I now know what I am supposed to do.

Thanks much for suggesting I phone my dentist. Goodness, one would think I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS.!!

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote