View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
Mom (for short)...

AND we love having you with us on this forum....this place is my glue...

I know with my aggressive PT..I would not sleep the night before in anticipation as it was just murder pain..Two big berley guys beating on my RSD leg..Forcing it to bend the furthest possible and everyday a bit more and more.. Heck, when I would leave the place eachday, I had complete strangers clapping for me..And due to the extreme pain, I would have trouble recalling how to even exit the place...

Yes, please pursue a definative diagnosis soon and in the mean time..keep her moving thru the pain as that is trully important or the pain could freeze her up...Remember, we do not always exhibit every symptom or sign, just another added bonus of our crazy illness. I am cold turkey RSD without pain meds as I have a bad tummy and nothing stays where I put it... I wish you much luck with getting your answers..At this time, I think discussing the PT intentions would be a good idea and continue to move forward being your daughters advocate..She will do well as long you are looking out for her...bless you both and please lean on us to help you...Weeez family here..

Hugz, Kathy
Kathy,

We are counting the days until we get to the next doctor. Hopefully this will be the one. It has been difficult because of her age. Those doctors who know most about this will not see a pediatric patient. I am hoping that the one we are going to will be familiar with it. She had an EMG and the results were kind of confusing. I am hoping that this doctor can figure out if it means something, or maybe they can dismiss it and go with the RSD diagnosis.

In PT have you normally done weight bearing exercises, leg presses etc? I think that might be what is causing her the most difficulty. She doesn't have any stiffness, thankfully. I am really glad that her pediatrician mentioned RSD as a possibility in the beginning. I just kept it in mind until they did all of the necessary tests to rule out the many other diseases that could have explained her innitial symptoms. I think that good information will be what saves her. It seems that the worst problems come when people go for long periods of time, even years, without a diagnosis and therefore, without proper treatment.

Thanks again,

Tracy
MysteryPainMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (08-14-2010)