View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Realized today why DMDs are so expensive...

They have to cover the cost of all the useless crap they send you! I just cleaned out the box that is under my bed with all of my medical records.
Do you know what I found?

6 padded binders full of repetitive drug info and cds, rebif autoject that I never opened, 2 copaxone injectors, a travel kit from pfizer that has a cold pack and travel sharps container, 8 tote bags; 3 from copaxone, 3 from avonex, 1 from rebif, and one for Tysabri. The fleece blanket that one of them sent me, 4 hot/cold packs from copaxone, 2 squeeze/stress balls, about 20 freezer packs from avonex (because they packed 4 in each of the styrofoam coolers they sent the meds in), 15 pens, over 20 magnets, and I have no idea how many of their magazines I have thrown out in the last 2 years.

I mean I am all for getting cool free stuff, but i have to wonder just how much money these companies waste every year on trying to woo doctors and patients. And if i have all of this stuff, I can only imagine what kind of stuff they are sending to the doctors to write the prescriptions.

Plus they have to pay to have all of this stuff personalized with their company info (all binders and totes are embroidered) PLUS, they have to pay postage and they have to pay for the drug reps to go out and pester the doctors.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (08-13-2010), SallyC (08-13-2010)