View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Emily,

I have suffered from RSD for 6 years now and it took Drs 4 1/2 years to diagnose. Mine started with a torn Achillies tendon surgery that went awry from a BAD Dr.! I had 4 surgeries to repair the achillies with 11 tears and horrible pain to follow.

I had "friends" tell me I was just looking for drugs, seeking attention and Dr's tell me, "don't worry, you won't loose your leg today" (when I fought like hell to keep my leg attached from MRSA infection.

My pain was so bad, for so long, that I was actually starting to contimplate amputation! NO JOKE!!! I didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time and was trying to raise my 2 children.

I was on crutches so long, that I now have permanent nerve damage in both arms, carpal tunnel and thoracic outlet syndrome in my right arm. I can never use crutches or a cane again and am on permant dissability. I was at the end of my ropes and yet doing everything I could to keep a smile on my face and pretend all was well.

Then I went to a wonderful Neurologist who looked at me and said, "you are not insane, you are in pain". I cried and hugged him. Music to my ears. I began sympathetic nerve shots and went into remission only to have a BOZO t-bone my car in May and send me back into RSD and give me severe whiplash.

I understand your frusteration and pain, and am soooooo sorry for what you are going thru, but you are not alone!!! There are people who understand!

I would suggest getting a good nuerologist, pain management doc and yes, even a good therapist. NOT because you are crazy, but because chronic pain affects us in ways that is so hard. It is very important that we don't overlook our mental state of mind during these difficult times.

God Bless!!!
Renee'
renhenne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote