View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
I have ATN along with classic TN. Early on my episodes would come and stick around for a month, then 2, 3, 4, and now its pretty much constant. The symptoms wax & wane in severity, but it always affects one side of the face more than the other. The lesser effected side still goes on in spurts, and then quiets down. I had great pain control using Trileptal and Effexor, but eventually had to wean off of them due to side effects. All other meds I've used for it have only controlled the pain to a point, resulting in breakthrough pain. Atypical is hard to deal with. Have you got a copy of "Striking Back?" If not, its available through the Trigeminal Neuralgia Asso. and is a good source of info regarding medications for the condition. It may also be available through Amazon, at least I think I remember others mentioning it.

As for the blister thing you describe, I've never experienced anything like that. I have had my face swell due to TN though. My doctor could visibly see it and didn't know what to make of it at the time. This is a strange condition. Take care
I am new to this forum. I've been diagnosed with ATN. I've had facial pain (deep ear, cheek and more recently upper jaw) for a year, it's constant, aching, and has increased in severity of pain. There's a slight burny aspect to it. I am in Hawaii, and need to find out who is good to treat this? I'm willing to go the mainland for treatment. Also, I never heard of the Nerve stimulation implant...I need recommendations..
alohajudy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-13-2010)