View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

wether it is small fiber non length dependent, or large fiber length dependent or any other type of PN there is really not a lot we can do to get better except to try to mitigate the cause if we even know what it might be. examples such as sugar control for diabetics and eliminating exposure to the toxins which cause PN in a toxic cause come to mind. If not and even in those cases we can only provide a favorable environment for the damage to abate and to maybe even regenerate. Diet, supplements, stress relief, exercize are some of the things we can do to provide that favorable environment. Have you tried wellbutrin? That was neglible in the side effect department for me and helped with the pain to a great degree. i also had side effects in memory and concentration i couldnt live with with neurontin, lyrica, paxil etc. I found great pain relief also by using electrical therapy such as interferential therapy and even tens. There is though pain involved which nothing touches for me not even when i was under anesthesia for an endoscopy. i have large fiber sensory motor axonal PN by the way.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (08-14-2010), Sheltiemom (08-15-2010)