View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I finished up 3 days treatment this week, finished up last night around 6pm.
I had to work today, and was suprised how weak I felt all day.
I thought after a few doses of IVIG Id be used to the effects and not suffer from the weakness and tired feeling I had after the first treatment the day or two after. Is this something that will be pretty much standard, the same weakness feelings for a couple of days after treatment?
I really thought Id be flying high the next day by the time I reached my fourth or fifth treatment. The good news is I still have not taken any mestinon and its been months.
My home nurse brought an IV pump one of her nurse friends had to show me the difference in infusion rates and how I dont have to worry about where I put my arms, if I raise them, plus, I could hold the pump and just lay the bag of gamunex on the table and Im able to go into my office and work comfortably, or not have to drag the pole with me, and how the pump just keeps it flowing at a nice even rate.
My insurance company is way too cheap to let me have a pump, but this visit to the neuro, Im going to find out how to fight them on this.
First day off the ivig, not feeling all that great after a days work.(I did have an awful night with sleep last night, sure that didnt help)
hope everyone is feeling a little better.
allen L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote