View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Melody,

Four minutes seems like alot of toothbrushing at one time. I think most rechargeable toothbrushes have a built in 2 minute timer with a gentle tone indicating 30 second intervals for each quadrant.

If you want to brush your teeth more than twice a day, you could use a manual brush midday instead of the electric one. Especially since you are brushing so thoroughly with the electric one in the morning and at night!

Glad to hear that you like your Oral B!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Since I bought the Oral B Smart Series electronic toothbrush, (with it's LCD giving me smiley faces, if I brush the correct way), well, here's my question.

Do I have to brush for 4 minutes EVERY TIME I BRUSH?

When one uses this toothbrush, one has to cover all the quadrants, and it signals you and I understand this, and after 4 minutes or so (haven't exactly timed it) BUT IT'S A LONG TIME till I get the 4 beeps that tells me ALL DONE, and I check and there's my smiley face!!!!

Now I do this when I get up, and obviously before I go to bed. But then there's AFTER breakfast (when I get home from the local breakfast nook), so there I am again, with my Oral B, and my smiley face.

And then there's lunch, and there's Melody with my Oral B and my smiley face.

And then we have dinner, blah blah

Now I've been doing this.

BUT THAT'S A LOT OF TIME. Might not seem like it, but there I am in the bathroom, brushing, flossing, tongue brushing, and rinsing.

Is this the correct thing to do?

Or is one allowed to "Lighten up" during the day and give just a quick brush, floss and rinse??

I'm lucky I'm able to do this, but I wonder "What do people do who DON'T have the 4 minutes after each meal, or they are not home, or they are outside?

It's a good question, no?? And is this what people do when they want to save their teeth?

Thanks much

Melody
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote