View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
Welcome.

I don't believe in agressive PT for RSD. My arms and legs are messed up and there is no way I would lift weights, do therabands, do treadmills and bikes when I first started out with RSD. I still won't today on most. I volenteer out at the Vet's home and when we exercise, I hand out the therabands but I don't do them nor the weights. I always laugh about the vets doing better then me with all of that stuff.

I spent 4 years in PT and my PCP got rid of 3 therapist that he felt was making me do things I shouldn't. I love my husband and wife team I have. They studied in Holland and don't believe in pushing a patient like most PTist.

I had one therapist that said I could get worse before I got better. My PCP callled her up and said no way. He told her I could get worse and not get better.

Some do believe in the agressive PT, as I said I don't. You can keep mobility and keep going without running marathons.

I hope she gets diagnosed soon. Keep looking for that right Dr., he's out there.

Ada
Challenging PT certainly aggravated my RSD. My surgeon said it would, and it did. He also said my shoulder (and probably the RSD) would not improve without the challenging PT. And it did improve (compared to pre-blocks - still a train wreck, overall). He was right on both accounts....thank God for stellate blocks and that they worked for me, otherwise I would have gone postal in PT!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (08-14-2010)