View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help for spouse with PCS

Hello my wife obtained a concussion 2 months ago. As she closed the car trunk on my car (which she never uses) the bike rack hit her on the head. She doesn't remember the actually hit, blacked out for a second, and had a awful ringing in her ear and pain on her head.

This happened on a Sat and went to work the following week which worsened her symptoms to the point she was in bed for two weeks b/c of nausea, light sensitivity, headaches, etc. She has had CAT scan which was negative. She also saw Neurologists last week (8 weeks in) and diagnosied her with PCS.

She is now two months out. She has gradually improved and now is dealing with fatigue. Also, headaches return if she outside in the direct sun, too much mental overload from situations that require mental concentration or gets too fatigued. She still can't work.

Thanks
Frustrated Spouse

She is out of work for now. I am very frustrated with the situation b/c I can't help her. Also,b/c this changes our financial situation a lot. Any advice?

Is there hope for her? I'm very frustrated and try not to show it but it does come out occasionally. I try not to b/c it adds to her symptoms. We have two young kids ages 6 & 2.
spouseofpcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote