View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 08:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My 2 cents

I've been following along on the fava bean discussion. Finally located some fresh favas and also obtained the fava juice from International Gourmet. Early results are saying that this is helping. I took the beans out of the pods, steamed them and have been eating approximately 16 a day for the past week. Added to that is a tsp of the juice three times a day. Yesterday was the best day I've had in months. My husband commented several times how lively I was. I was able to go on a short trip and sustain my energy for roughly 8 hours. My normal lately has been 1 good hour when the meds kick in exactly right. I start each day with good intentions and wonderful plans and slowly but surely, eliminate almost all of it due to exhaustion, pain, foot cramps, etc.
Most days I feel so badly that I would probably sign up for a clinical trial that involved dog poop on a stick if I thought it would help for a second.
The favas, as you of course know, but just as a side comment to those who may not have eaten them, are delicious. I would eat them if they had no PD benefit.
I'm trying to diary the effects and amounts of the favas. My other meds are 1.5 carbi/levo 25-100 and 1 200 Comtan every 4 hours. My ongoing symptoms are shaking in the left hand, limping, hip pain, nausea, constipation, irritability, foggy brain, poor vision, extreme back pain, slow movement, stooped posture, exhaustion, etc. The effects so far of the favas seemed to help all of these to one degree or another. I have not altered my regular meds.
By the way, I am noting that favas are seasonal so, is there any place to get fresh favas year round?
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote