View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagoo View Post
Hope the garden is okay after the gulley washer. Saw my movement disorder neuro this past friday. he is stopping the mirapex that PCP has had me on since Jan. He said he can see changes in my brain mri from it. Not sure what that meant and since he was very hapy I had stopped the Keppra after PCP had suggested she may take me off it. I told him about the fava beans and he did not "poo poo" it, also a RNP thinks that they are great idea and agrees that they can help.
to those who have not tried them... go for it...
I am very intrigued by your MDS saying he can see brain changes on the mri from the mirapex-if you can find out what changes he sees by asking him, please let us all know! I would be curious as to how the MDS can tell the brain changes he sees are attributable to the mirapex as opposed to PD progression or something else.

We have tried stopping mirapex several times and the pain is unbearable, even trying to reduce the amount we took was a mistake and we had to go back. We would love to get off of it, because of the brain fog, sleepiness, and other side effects, but just cannot seem to do it. Let us know how it goes for you, and if there is anything you do during the weaning off phase that helped get you through it. Thanks!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote