View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Medication, diet & supplements are the only current way to help with PN symptoms.
That's what my doctors around here say, but other medical places (hospitals/clinics) in other parts of the country are using therapies and other things (according to forums and personal stories I have read) to treat PN. They are farther advanced than the doctors in South Dakota, and I have heard numerous times from people with PN that they were being treated with more than medication. I don't know specifically what was being done, because, like I said, nobody around here will treat with anything except medicine.

Unfortunately, I developed PN after gastric bypass surgery. My body does not respond to pills at all. I have tried several different medicines for PN, as well as pain medicines such as tylenol with codeine 3 and 4 and oxycodone. I FINALLY last week was put on the 72 hour fentanyl pain patch, and for the first time since my PN started, got a little relief. I have been bedridden and in extreme pain (I have a severe case of PN) for over 4 months--and had the PN longer than that, of course. But finally I am responding to something--because it is not in pill form. If pills are all they can do for PN--that means that absolutely nothing will help me... because of the surgery I had. And that stinks.

I know I've talked to people with PN who have been helped by things other than medicine--I just don't believe that it is all that can be done. I've read too many personal stories of people who were helped by other things.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sheltiemom (08-16-2010)