View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia neill View Post
[Hi melody, for replying to me. I am ginnie, going on 59 soon. I am trying to take that breath. In one week, that quick, I again face a neuro. I had a terrible first time around with a doctor who would not tell me the truth about anything that was wrong with me. I had to get my records to find out. I never went back, and have obviously been busy degenertaing since. He did not tell me about DDD or DJD. He also expected me to do NCT imediately after surgery without telling me why he was asking for that test. I am not a cow, I don't need more shocks telling me I have shocks. he would not help me unless I agreed to to it. I walked out and did not return. I have been in pain thearpy since. now i present with this host of troubles. I see new neuro on tuesday, and sugestions to how I get a good responce to my questions to this new NS?
Hey Ginnie:

I'm 62 and I've had Degenerative Joint disease for YEARS. I am so sorry your doctor has not been supportive.

I also know what nerve conduction tests are.

The last time my former doctor ordered one for me, I went to this neurologist's office and the nurse started to do the test and let's just say that nerve conduction tests are not the most pleasant thing in the world but actually the person who gives the test can make ALL the difference.

The lady who was doing my arm, well let's just say she had to be the stupidest person (is stupidest even a word??)

She did it twice, I said "ouch" She just sighed and said "well, this can be a tad uncomfortable". I had had these test previously so I knew what they were all about.

I looked at her and she did the third shock. That was when I jumped off the table and threatened her life.

This DID NOT HAPPEN TO MY HUSBAND. He just sits there and laughs because he has Peripheral Neuropathy and his feet are numb and they can shock him to kingdom come and then they all go "you didn't feel THAT??"

I'm like you. I don't like tests either. I go because I have to go. But only when I HAVE to go.

Let's hope you have a good experience on your upcoming doctor visit.

Keep us updated.

Nice to meet you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote