View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Mere? Gotta ask you. What's the status of your Thyroid?

I ask, only in that after 6 months w/my pn? My hypothyroid, shut down! And the biggest symptom was the super edema in my legs and feet!
When your feet blow up 3-4 TIMES your shoe size? It's definitely a problem, AND definitely caused damages to the vascular and other systems in the legs and feet.
Ultimately, it took 4 years to get the Hashimotos' diagnosis?? Only because my thyroid #'s were going up/down/up continually. And, to treat & stabilize these #'s takes lots longer than we'd like...ergo some damages. [This about 10-15 years after the Hypo-T was diagnosed]
It SHOULD be something just to check off the 'list'? IF you can! It's a matter of 'peace of mind' to know that 'THIS' isn't a culprit.
Further? My docs do request non-generics for the thyroid! They don't believe that the generics are as well controlled quality-wise as they should be. Some docs simply go with the 'flow' so's they don't get 'targeted' about pain meds...sad but true fact of life these days?
It's not hard to find out where a med is 'produced'. It's sounding like I'm biased in some instances? But, There ARE times when quality controls should override costs! It's up to your doc to specify 'brand as named' and not accept generics. However? You get to pay the difference-so ultimately it's your choice. And, at times it's a BIG $ difference!
And, you can always 'appeal' the Insurance Co's Decisions...I'll bet you can find heaps of facts about particular meds that clearly indicate that some generics are not equal to the 'real' thing! Just check out the FDA! It's time consuming? But, it's also educational from all the viewpoints: You-the patient; The Docs; The Pharmacists; and the 'Pharmacy Industry'!
The wrangling over where the 'commas' are placed? Well, it turns your hair GRAY! Not, Grey.
's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mere (08-15-2010), Rrae (08-15-2010)