View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default What I do? When 'trying meds' ....

Is to ask for a weeks' worth of samples [IF they have them] And by day 2-3 I'll KNOW if it's turning me into a zombie or not! Then I'll try w/a 30 day script as a 'trial' beyond that. Yes it costs a bit more? But/and meds only work in some cases after you've been on them at least 2-4 weeks? But, IF it doesn't work? I don't have to worry about throwing out the rest of the 90 day prescription into the trash [and landfills? Don't like such stuffs].
Yes, by all means try different meds! I'd found one after 3 years and four different ones that'd worked for a while....but it wore off? I tapered off the neuro meds and am now on the pain meds 'as needed'. While there are times I'd like to take them more often? I don't! Why? Because I have to be off them for them to really REALLY work when I NEED them! So I go along w/a long term buzz of one sort of pain? I've got my brain working most of the time!
I'd become suspicious of meds w/neurontin....all the sales scandals and unfounded claims about it actually working for neuropathies. All it did for me on the hi doses I was on, was sleep 18 hours a day and hallucinate...when the prescribing neuro wanted to UP the dosages more? I went and got my second and third opinions which saved my life!
BUT, each of us is different! So few ever state any issues about hallicunations ever on Neurontin. I never got to try Lyrica? As it wasn't approved at the time. [Tho neurontin wasn't either? Go figger]
As Nide44 Says? There ARE others! Go thru them but carefully... READ the 'full prescribing information' and learn what dangers YOU mite have to look for! It's scary as heck? But It does make one very careful!
's to all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sheltiemom (08-15-2010)