Thread: neuropathy
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 10:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Questions..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpRN View Post
This was extremely well said. I am going to save it and use it for the folks that "just don't get it......including some docs." I get tired of trying to explain why I hurt soooo bad when I look so good (healthy). Your explanation makes me think of the classifications for burns. 3rd degree burns sound the worst, but are actually painless because all of the nerves / nerve endings have been destroyed. 1st degree sounds harmless but is actually quite painful because the nerve endings have been damaged, but not destroyed.
Some questions for all you neuropathy experts. I started with pin prick/bee sting typed feelings all over body (head to toe), not at the same time, but with only 30-60 seconds between each other. This was May '09, July '09 internal non-visable tremor on one side in calf of leg. EMG's were perfect. Dr. suggested non-length dependent SFN, blew off tremor. Gave me Gabapentin 900 mg. a day, works very well for sensations, not for tremor. Fast forward to today......wormy feelings, wet feelings, other hard to describe sensations, still have internal tremor. Wouldn't tremor mean motor fibres involved, which would be large fibre and should have shown on EMG? Parkinsons keeps coming to mind, but there is not test for it. By the way, I have had Spinal Tap,3 MRI's, lots of blood tests........nothing found. Do your sensations stop when you are sleeping, mine do, but start the second I awaken.

Any insight would be appreciated........I am confused, scared and annoyed to say the least! I am 52 years old.
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote