View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Thanks for suggesting vitamin E., because I don't like bananas. I'll try vitamin E.

lefty
I found this article. I was thinking that maybe potassium is what is in bananas that might help leg cramps. It turns out that I was right, but there are some other suggestions for supplementation also. It doesn't mention vitamin E, but it has many other suggestions.

http://www.health911.com/cramps_(muscle)

Quote:
A mineral deficiency of calcium and/or magnesium is probably the most frequent cause of night leg cramping.

Cramps are often caused by a lack of potassium, resulting in an electrytic imbalance. Strenuous exercise with sweating and diarrhea or other bowel disease may cause loss of potassium and other important minerals. It is very important to replace them with supplements. Some people get leg cramps at night for no apparent reason. This is called restless legs syndrome.

Another cause may be a deficiency in hesperidin, one of the bioflavonoids (sometimes called vitamin P), naturally occurring nutrients usually found in association with vitamin C. These bioflavonoids, including Hesperidin, Citrin, Rutin, Flavones, Flavonals, Calechin and Quercetin, were found to be essential in correcting the night leg cramps.
I hope you find some relief soon.
MysteryPainMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote