View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Right there with you on the fear of the intensity of the pain. Everything I've read so far shows that it seems to be different for everyone. One person says it was the biggest mistake they've made while another says it's the best thing since sliced bread. If you're ablt to do the trial run that seems the most logical. If you are able to tolerate it and it brings relief I'm inclined to say go for it. I'm battling failed back surgery, neuropathy, and severe osteoporosis (only in the area of the surgery). I'm on mass doses of pain killers as well so I understand the fear you're feeling. I just feel like if there's any chance for relief you've gotta try it.
I wish you all the best and good luck no matter what your desicion. God willing relief is around the corner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Thanks, Roxie. I am really frightened of the intensity of my pain. Not only is it unpleasant (to say the least), but I don't think it is healthy to have that level of pain for more than a few minutes. I think that it is bad for the heart and brain and that it worsens future pain. And it affects my mood long term, I think. I think that it changes "things" in the brain, I'm just not sure what.
im4dexter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote