Thread: Odd Question
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Odd Question

Hey all - I have a semi-strange question.

I have CRPS, and recently, I developed a rash that looks rather like hives on both of my knees (joints affected by my CRPS). The rash is NOT the normal lyme rash, but as I said, looks rather like hives, except that it's a little bit purple. The rash is slowly spreading and is itchy. I've ruled out any possible allergic or drug reactions.

So on top of that, the day after the rash appeared, I developed a low/middle-grade fever, headache, and joint aches. My body is generally achy, but I have severe arthritis-type pain in my knees, which has gotten worse over time. Having had CRPS for 8 years, I believe this pain to be different from my CRPS pain.

After 4 days of fever/headache/joint ache, I went to the doctor, and she drew blood to test for a number of things. The most likely, she explained, was Lyme disease.

Now, I live in Georgia, at the moment. The area where I live is a suburb of Atlanta - not urban, but not rural. I have an indoor dog who gets flea/tick baths once a month. Over the last month, I've had sleep disturbances (I don't get more than 4 hours a night), anxiety, and mild depression. As a CRPS patient and a senior who will be graduating from college (gasp!) in a few months, I didn't necessarily consider any of these abnormal.

However, do any of these appear to fit a Lyme disease diagnosis?

If no, does anything else make sense? Should I be seeking other opinions?

Thanks!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote