View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Will freezing hurt the dopamine content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post
Madamlash,

Like you I am new to the fava revelations! My plan is to order sproutable seeds and eat sprouts this winter. I've been making my own juice with fava pods and pouring it into ice cube trays. Also built a planter box so next spring will hopefully grow some! Also, juiced some vegetable juice and added the favajuice to that and froze in pint jars.

do you skin the beans before eating them? seems like they are much better that way!

regards,
md
Good morning.
By the way, I love your Bucky Fuller quote. I had the rare opportunity to meet him and his wife several years ago. Quite lovely people!
I have tried the favas as the juice, the bean itself, the bean with the covering, and the bean with covering and pod. All are pretty tasty just out of my steamer. The only parts I really didn't care for were the two strings that run down each side of the pod. Take those off and everything else is good. I'm also hoping that the pod and skin will add much needed roughage to my diet.
I'm about to begin looking into the sprouting. I did read somewhere that the favas lose quite a bit of dopamine when you cook them and cool them. I'm not sure about that and if so, I wonder if freezing them hurts the dopamine content?
Regards
Madam Lash
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote