View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
You are right. I forgot that I saw "parenteral" and did not look up the definition, but it does mean directly through the vein. Well, we hopefully have levodopa in a pump fairly soon, so I wonder if mucuna could be patented to be formulated and administered intravenously somehow as an alternative to levodopa? It would be nice to have other options if it turned out to be more beneficial and less demanding on our livers and kidneys.

Thanks for noting this!

Laura
why not sinemet parenteral. they likely used that method to give exact doses, likely difficult to get rats to eat all their drug laced rat chow.
independent of this study, it would cost a fortune to inject ldopa, especially in the elderly who would need help plus not like diabetes, you need to hit a vein. quite dangerous for the layman.
imho, they need to develop a better sinemet cr, a formulation that is more reliable/predictable.
i believe at least 2 companies are working on that. and there is a ldopa patch in the works.
how would parential delivery be easier on kidneys/liver, it still passes thru them.

i'm glad to see someone working on this but i thought many were already getting relief from mucuana? and even if they gave the recipe, rat dosages can't easily be extrapolated to humans and their BBB is much less developed.

rats to phase3 trial in what, 10 years? then what?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote