View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lynn,

As with Glenn, I also had acute onset burning neuropathy in many areas, although a few were "spared" and remain that way. That was January 2010. Diagnosed via skin punch biopsy with non-length dependent small fiber sensory neuropathy. Was unable to tolerate any of the so-called silver bullet meds so have pretty much gone cold turkey.

Can tell you, though, that there has been significant improvement in some ways. The bad burning has stopped except for very small areas now and then and only for very short shots. My scalp and face were also involved. Have been able for a few months now to wash my face and hair without discomfort. Still can't shower - feels like needles. Wind, heat and sun are bad news. Still cannot wear most of my "old" wardrobe - even the softest of those fclothes feel like burlap.

From what you describe, I would guess that you might have Sjogren's Syndrome, but a good internist or rheumatologist can best Dx this based upon certain blood work or even clinical findings. Sjogren's Syndrome , an AI disease, has a number of neurologic components, small fiber neuropathy being only one of them, as well as autonomic/CNS involvements. I was diagnosed with it in February.
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote