View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica works for me. +/- Cymbalta

I feel for you Sheltiemom. I have small fiber neuropathy in addition to fibromyalgia. Lyrica is really the best thing I've found for pain. My doctor was smart to start me on 25 mg, working up over several years to 100 mg two times per day. I have some blurred vision and dulling of my mental capacity (which initially really upset me) but it's a trade off. Recently, I ran out of Lyrica and switched back to Neurontin, and gee, I don't know how I ever coped with Neurontin. It's way to much of a broad stroke for SFN--it's like throwing half the colour spectrum at your painting, when all you needed was blue. Cymbalta, in addition to Lyrica, knocked another 20% off my pain but the memory loss and constipation prompted me to give it up. BTW, don't do what I did: I tapered off Cymbalta over only 5 days, and subsequently suffered crushing migraines and brain zaps for the next 6 weeks. Despite my comments, I am still in the woods with my illness (more in a separate thread) but hang in there Sheltiemom. .
akimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mere (08-16-2010), Sheltiemom (08-15-2010)