View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Here somethings I did prior to having some surgery as I know I would be non weight bearing for awhile... Not for SCS...

I had books, magazines, extra shirt or 2, extra shorts close by. Within reach so All I had to was reach over and grab a fresh clean shirt.

I had snacks close at hand also.

I went through and figured out everything I would be having trouble with after surgery and just set myself up to have everything in that area close by.

Example:

I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks so I made sure I had a few towels close to the shower along with making sure soap was handy if I ran out. Hard to carry stuff with 2 crutches so I did everything up in advance. Extra toilet paper on the back of the toilet. Thats a must.

If you may be in bed for more then a few days, maybe having an extra pillow case handy to freshen up the pillow will be worth it. Its amazing how a fresh shirt or pillow case can make you feel. Even get a small thing of baby wipes next to the bed to freshen up.

If you already now what your limitations will be or how long you will be in bed, I would lay down in bed and picture everything that you will need next to you to make it easy. Snacks, fresh clothes, something to read, fresh batteries in the remote, a radio within reach, the phone within reach and so on....

I hope you get some ideas from this and it helps..

Wish you all the best.
bugguy8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-15-2010), Rrae (08-15-2010)