View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 03:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

to sum it up there is no one medicine be it pain killers, anti depressants, anti convulsants that will work for everyone for pain. There are also no treatments such as anodyne therapy, electrical therapy, cold laser therapy, nerve release surgery that will work for everyone either. The main reason to try to find your cause is if you can you may be able to treat it or control it and thereby slow down or even reverse your neuropathy. If you are at the beginning of the PN journey and throw up your hands and say there is nothing that can be done you are doing yourself a great disservice. There are some of us on here who have had most of the possible testing and still nothing was found as far as a cause goes. At that point you have to come to terms with it and do what you can to alleviate and make the best of the symptoms. What i see on here lately is many new people who have only had pn a short time already throwing up their hands and saying why try, there is no cure, no treatment that works, no medicine for me, some doctor told me there is nothing to be done. You may have something that is causing it that can be controlled or reversed and you really owe it to yourself to make the effort to find out if you do.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BonDon (08-15-2010), dahlek (08-15-2010), Kitt (08-15-2010), Mere (08-15-2010)