Thread: Consultive Exam
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaguy View Post
Hey all,
New here and hoping for some insight, I applied for disability online about a month ago, I was contacted yesterday by the claim handler at DDS asking if I would be willing to go to a exam they schedule, of course I say yes and that's it, Well I did some reading and see that most times when they request this it's because your medical records are sparse or that your treating doctor has not responded in a timely manner, Well I just had an appointment this week with my doctor and she had asked me if I had applied yet(her sugestion that I apply), I thought it funny that DDS has not requested my medical records from her yet, anyway So I called the claim handler back and asked her if she had requested my records from my treating doctor and she said No, But that she would do so now. Is it me but should'nt she had done that before even thinking about a exam with there doctor, also from my reading is it not true that the prefered source for an exam your current treating doctor, and is it correct that I can request my doctor do the exam? Sorry for long post, any help or insight would be appreciated Thanks
You DO NOT have to see their assigned doctor, if you can find or already have a treating doctor who will do the exam. SS does not like to use your doctor for any exams (to get current info on u) but they must allow you to use your own. What they complain abt is that your doctor will not answer the ?'s they need answered in the way they want them answered. Get a Medical Source Statement form (mental &/or physical) & have the Dr fill it out or use as guideline in their report. If you can't pay for the exam but your Dr will do it tell the disability examiner this & they must consider them as a source.
ruie00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote