View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi59 View Post
My husband suffered 2 ruptured brain aneurysms in December of 2009. He had emergency surgery - cranioplasty and clipping of both aneurysms. He came through surgery great, was in ICU for 2 weeks before coming home. His recovery has been good. Even though, 8 months later, still having some issues: swelling on the left side of his head/face, s/t memory, confusion in crowds, concentration issues and extreme fatigue. Anyone else have these issues this long out ? Dr says it just takes time and cannot give a time frame of when or even if he will ever totally recover. Any advice on how to help him or what to do for him ? Or just any advice period.....lol. I have no one to talk to about this that has been there, done that. All I hear are horror stories of people who knew people, etc. I am very, very thankful he is doing so well, just need someone to talk to and any tips or advice is appreciated. Thank you all in advance !!!
Mimi:

Hi. Welcome to Neurotalks.

You sound like my kind of gal. I take care of my hubby too. Your husband is lucky to have you. Your love and devotion comes through in your posts.

Remember to do something nice for yourself if you ever find the time. Sometimes we need a bit of pampering just to make us feel "new" again.

About once a month, I just go around the corner to the local nail salon, and get a pedicure. Costs all of $9 plus a tip.

This, to me, is heaven, and I'm like a new person. My husband once said "isn't it better to go to your foot doctor?" When I described what happens during a pedicure, he said "wow, no wonder you like to go".

So I hope you do something nice for yourself.

My warmest wishes to you and your hubby. Hope he is doing better.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mimi59 (08-18-2010)