View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1958 View Post
Please!! Need advice!! Has anyone here won a second claim in the initial stage while waiting for the Appeals Council to decide what to do with the first ALJ denial? I was awarded SSDI a couple of weeks ago after 2 1/2 years and I am worried to death that the AC may vacate my win and remand it back to the ALJ instead of just upholding my second award and awarding me the first claim. The thought of going before that ALJ again is unbearable to me. It was one of the worst experiences of my life and I don't want to have to repeat it!! I am trying to decide if I should just withdraw my appeal on the first claim. There is alot of backpay at stake, but I don't think it's worth the risk of loosing what I have now. I was so stressed out through the waiting and now that I have it I just don't want to have to worry anymore!! Anyone have anything to say that might help me make a decision>? Thanks in advance!!
Very few decisions are changed by the Appeals Council so the likelihood of either a favorable decision or a remand to the ALJ or a reversal of an approval are very small. I would just wait and see what happens, but only if you can stop worrying yourself to death. But only you can make the decision.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote