View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 06:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wow!

Thanks, Chemar! This could be my source of exacerbation of PD symptoms, given the very real theory of inflammation of the brain. Ii have all of the symptoms associated with nickel: cough, congestion, rash, swelling, etc.

for those who may "resemble" these symptoms, I am copying from the link you gave me:

Should Foods Containing Nickel Be Avoided?
There is disagreement within the medical community as to whether a nickel-sensitive person should avoid dietary nickel. A nickel-restricted diet may be prescribed for highly nickel sensitive people for a few months to see if there is any improvement in symptoms.
In this instance, the foods to avoid include acid foods cooked in stainless steel utensils, baking powder, beans, buckwheat, canned fruits, canned vegetables, cocoa & chocolate, dried fruit, figs, green beans, kale, leeks, legumes, lentils, lettuce, licorice, linseed, millet, nuts, oats, onions, oysters, peas, pineapple, prunes, raspberries, salmon, shellfish, soy powder, spinach, rhubarb, sprouts, sunflower seeds, tea, tomatoes, wheat bran products, and multigrain breads.

Treatment for Nickel Allergy
There is no way to desensitize a person with nickel allergy with shots, pills, or any other method. Avoiding use of nickel containing products is the key in treatment. Often times a rash can be stopped by applying a cortisone cream or lotion, but it can and will return with exposure.

source: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=9067

Incredible! I may have just found a solution to keeping my symptoms under control! THANKS!
Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote