View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

*Lobs a bunch of honey dressings at Lisa M's face......

honey dressings covered in infected green goo!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you'd appreciate the description - hey, you're lucky I didn't send you a pic! (my carers take photos of it to show me because I like to know what's going on with my body.. (cos I'm reclined and tilted in my wheelchair it means that all I can see is the top of my chest and my knees....)

*sprays the bottle of iodine over Lisa M*

......and laughs evilly whilst Lisa turns bright yellow and smells!

anyway - how are your sores my dear?

You;re probaly right - my chem mates and I had a long talk about whether we should use bleach to try and remove the infection - we were thinking if we diluted it down and then washed the sore out with it then that would get rid of all the infected tissue.. (but Becka, my current carer, has said that she will kill me if I let them try it.... apparently my life is hard enough without an amputated butt..... which is probaly true!)

Chem possys - totally the best... we have worked out how to make a solution, which when painted on a surface, makes it explode *without structural damage* it's brill!!!

Slightly concerned that the goo makes me more attractive!!... so that's why my possy is following my around!?

Thanks for everyone that says I'm amusing-- I just find it's the only way to get on with life!!

Barb - would be awesome if you have some ideas - I have now had this pressure sore for about 3 months and it's pretty impressively infected. I did have the nurses in every day to dress it and now my carers dress it 2 times a day - we use iodine, kalkostat ribbon, magnesium sulphate with honey dressings. I was on bedrest, but got bored, so now just go back to bed when it's too sore to cope sitting for another second.. also my poss just carry me around most of the time... but seriously - any ideas would be really welcome!! (woohoo! no more green goo!!)

Love

rosie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx