View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A very highly regarded program for children with RSD is located in Waltham, MA - I believe it is called Boston Children's Hospital. The RSDSA newsletter ran an article about it last year, which will still be available on their website at RSDSA.org. There is another really good program for kids with RSD at CHOP, Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania, in Philly. I've also heard of parent's using the Mayo clinic, which I think is in Ohio.

Good luck to you and your child. I wish you the very best. XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryPainMom View Post
Thank you everyone for your PT stories. This is what I was looking for. I wanted to know what your experiences were. I have seen a couple of videos about intense PT programs for children with RSD. Of course, they show someone who had a complete remission after it. I attribute that partly to the fact that the videos are from the hospitals that do such treatment. I am going to try to get some info on how successful these types of treatments are.

Like I said in a previous post, we have worked hard to prevent her from having problems with range of motion. Since she has been on Neurontin and Elavil she has been able to function better. Before the Neurontin she could hardly walk even with a cane or crutches. I wonder if these intense therapies are more for regaining range of motion.

Thanks again for all of your information. If there is anything else that might help or anyone else that has a story that they would like to tell me, please continue. I will keep up with this thread.

Thanks again,

Tracy

SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote