View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelikesfish View Post
Does it help if you take some of those "good bacteria" pills?

I have had chronic pain and fatigue for many years. Maybe I should try those pills. Could it help? Could it make things worse?
No, it won't hurt to take the probiotics, but unless you do something to take care of the Candida first, it will do you little good. Candida greatly inhibbits your body's ability to absorb the nutrients from the food or supplements that you eat. This is part of the reason for its contribution to fatigue, but it is also the reason that taking probiotics before taking care of the Candida is ineffective. Just as the good bacteria keeps Candida at bay in a healthy digestive system, the Candida keeps helpful bacteria at bay in an unhealthy digestive system.

Your best bet is to take aggressive dosages of anti-fungal supplements such as olive leaf for a few weeks prior to starting treatment on probiotics. Avoid sugars and artificial sweeteners too as these feed Candida. I'm on Dr. Jeffery McCombs' anti-Candida plan and have had nothing but excellent results thus far. There are other plans on the market that I'm sure work just as well, but I only have a personal experience with the McCombs Plan. Candida die off taxes your body's liver and kidneys, so it Dr. McCombs recommends that you relieve these organs by sweating for 10 to 15 minutes daily. The skin is the body's largest detox organ and sweating allows your body to quickly get rid of excess waste. Many who go on anti-Candida plans who do not sweat experience cold or flu like symptoms for this reason. Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

I am just into week 8 of Dr. McCombs' plan and I have so much more energy than I have had in years. I don't have trouble falling asleep anymore either. Its like a new lease on life. Best of luck.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-19-2013), rachel's daugther (10-19-2013)