View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Newbie to this forum

I have been suffering from chronic pain for several years and now am at the point where the amount of oxy I require to control the pain is interfering with my life. This situation can only get worse as I get older and my body tolerates more and more stuff. I am also "labeled" as one of "those" who takes oxy for "pain". Even Walgreen's, in my opinion, discourages us "pain addicts" from filling their script in their stores. (I am retired and live in S. Florida where you can find a pain clinic as easily as a pizza parlour.)
So for all of these reasons I chose to explore a SCS and discovered this forum via a Google search. I am greatful for all the information provided. However IMHO the majority of posts are negative and spell out in detail the problems people have had with the SCS, their "reps" what ever they or their role is/are, their surgeons and their devices. At least I now have a list of issues to discuss with my pain person.
But I am left with a deep sense of unease. I can't tell if people who have had SCS implementation would have it again, would recommend to a family member or what the major trade off's are. It's like a virtual group therapy session, where everyone is right and everyone gets a group hug. You can't tell what real and what's not, what's fact and what a wish.
Maybe a disclaimer is in order. Maybe some real data from "poster's" is in order like age, length of time in "pain", kind of insurance, manufacturer, type of pain and location, etc.
The decision is get an SCS is too important and IMHO not helped by "virtual hugs". I don't write this to offend anyone, I'm only looking for a way to make this valuable resource even more so.
davidhm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-25-2013), Shellylouise71 (06-21-2012)