View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylou View Post
Hi Lynn,
I have just joined the chat room, I was interested in your posting, as I have neuropathic pain in multiple parts of my body too, almost always when pressure is applied to the body part. When I sit, my buttocks and back of upper thighs really hurts, when I lean on my arms, elbows, pressure on back and standing on my feet. It started with just my feet and over about 10yrs. has progressed to this. I do not have diabetis or any other disease that is typical to have neuropathy.
I am taking Lyrica and Cymbalta, there is some help but not much. Every so often I stop the meds. because I think they are not helping,but find out how much worse it really is.
Please tell me if your pain is caused by pressure.

Thank you,
Lucylou
Lucylou, my symptoms are similar. It kinda sucks when it hurts to both sit & stand. With anyone there is eventually pain with any pressure, but mine is abnormal like you are saying. Mine started with feet about 7 years ago, then moved to buttocks after about 4 years. So I lie on my side a lot at home but starts to hurt my hip a bit. Also hurts to be on my knees much so I use those pads. Gabapentin & amitriptyline, evening primrose oil, and alpha-lipoic acid help me. I don't have diabetes either, have been worked up at Mayo but found no cause, except probably hereditary.
Electron
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote