View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

yes, I started out with what I thought may have been the flu, but thought it was weird in June to have a flu, Doctor - meaning my GP - that I recently told to get lost... another story, anyways she automatically gave me antibiotics and told me it would take a couple of days to get over the flu, it didnt go away so I went back, she then because my cough wouldn't go away said I have bronchitis. gave me inhalers and more drugs nothing worked, I tried to go back to work and did so for 3days and was extremely winded, outta breath and so very tired, along with the same cough and clearing the throat of every 5-10 minutes. I could sleep for 12 hours and go back to bed for 8 more hours.. I told her of these symptoms and she then did blood work and said that I had a ANA positive with 1;160 nucleolar pattern, then said she thought I had Scaladerma, then after a week of waiting told me It was neg. I then went back in for more blood test and she said they all tested negative..... I say okay then what do I have? She then set me up for a Rummy and I see one that I am on an urgent waiting list to get in early but apt isn't till Sept 10! I then started getting a new rash, it was more like a hive that itches something fierce and its ALL over my body EVERY morning. Unlike the rash I got before that was non- itchy and it was pimply like this on has a mind all on its own, this isnt a figment of my imagination its a rash, its something you can see, touch, examine. I know I'm rambling now, but just trying to get out my frustrations...lol... I told my GP that my left arm has gotten really weak, and the finger tips have went numb, she looked at me like I was crazy, I sometimes think I am going crazy because of all of this, and she said, well we tested you for lupus it was NEG. you don't have it we tested you for about 5 other autoimmune and everything is normal...... Get ready ... you have post nasal drip (because of my lung issues) and anxiety (due to my rashes and other stuff) I told her she was the crazy one, and what I have isn't coming from my nose or head at all but my lungs and the only thing I have anxiety about is a doctor who wont listen to me on how I am feeling. I have a new doctor that I am scheduled to see the 30th and I met with her last week she seems pretty good, although she admitted she didn't know much about Autoimmune stuff - She didn't look at me like I was making this all up in my head, but seemed sincere. I have tried my best to keep accurate journal on everything going wrong with me, and have even had my husband take pictures of the rashes I get, but the more I research the more confused I get, I just cant believe a doctor could just brush your emotions, health and well being to the side like mine did and then basically tell me its in my head? If my blood test show a Positive ANA of 1;160 and its nucleolar ( i know ANA's can change from POS to NEG) doesn't that even suggest something wrong?? I know how I am feeling and its not me. I can not wait till my Rhummy apt, and I pray they will at least find something, so they can start treating me so not only can I 'look' normal again, I can be healthy again. Sorry such a long rambling story but it just so frustrating when NO ONE can tell you whats wrong and they give up on you like your a person who wants to be lazy, or don't want to work, or wants sympathy. So very hard to deal with this, and if I have any anxiety now, it because I don't know what I have.
buttercup1975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote