View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Just an update

Sorry, it's been a while since I have posted in here. Life sure gets busy. Today, is a great day, the AD is better controlled now than it ever has been although I still have days where the AD gets to me I try to keep myself busy enough to distract me from the pain. I am seeing a Neurologist that is very understanding and supportive. The meds now that seem to work the best for me over the past 2 years have been: Dilantin 300mg, Nortriptyline 200mg, Vitamin E 1000mg, Zoloft 100mg, Morphine Sulfate 15mg twice a day (my doctor and I have agreed not to ever increase this med) and I take Ambien 10mg to help with insomnia and anxiety of the pain. I am able to go to work full time and keep up with my hubby and three kids. I am still however never gong to to a "Teaching Hospital" again.

I pray everyday for all of you who are suffering with AD. I am really lucky to have the love and support of my family and friends this has been a rough battle. Going through this has taught me I can handle anything God has sent my way. Thank you for all your posts.

Sending happy thoughts and support your way~
Rachel
Kewlbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote